Talerang’s Graduation 2022-23
Talerang, born with a determined spirit and unwavering hope to put every Indian student, no matter where they have been born or educated, on the right career path, prepares students and professionals for careers through various courses based on a proprietary curriculum, delivered using global – best practices. Talerang focuses on enabling candidates to know and understand themselves, then prepare themselves by imparting them with hard and soft skills and eventually equipping them to learn the art of proving themselves in their chosen field.
In order to keep students motivated, engaged, and so as for them to gain practical experience, Talerang offers a varied range of events and programmes.
For 7th to 10th Graders, Talerang offers:
1. The Model Career Competition, an initiative that seeks to give school and college students a MUN like experience revolving around discussing business matters.
2. Reality Bytes; A programme wherein High School students
learn 21st century skills, work on a live project at an organisation, present findings to its senior leadership and enjoy lifelong career mentorship.
3. All rounders; A balanced programme which focuses on varied aspects of the school to college transition.
4. Micro internships; An online career-readiness programme that entails 10 career track challenges in association with knowledge partners, 1:1 mentorship, Guest Speakers and Live Simulation projects.
For college students, Talerang offers:
1. Talerang Career Connect ; This is a critical step for the most ambitious students to be ready for industry and succeed in their life and careers. It enhances academic degrees with real-world, practical knowledge demanded by leading organisations.
2. Career Fair – Talerang virtual career fair brings together Talerang’s corporate partners from various industries and the student community from colleges pan India – all under one roof. The career fair offers the students network an excellent opportunity to explore exciting roles, engage with top-notch companies, and kick start / advance their careers.
3. Future CEOs Program ; This is Talerang’s flagship work-readiness program. Exceptional students develop professional competencies, access internship and job opportunities and receive mentorship for life. The program spans 6 months and includes competency training in the first 2 months, skill training in month 3 and 4, an internship in month 5 and 6, and lifelong mentorship and support.
Last week, Talerang held a virtual Graduation ceremony for all those who successfully graduated from the Future CEOs program for the class of 22-23. The ceremony was attended by a host of people including the Talerang team, guest speakers, Talerang graduates and alum. It was an enthralling event as industry experts like Sharmi Sheth, Operations Manager, Revolut and Founder, Consult for Humanity, and Sambuddha Bhattacharya, Founder and CEO of Lemonade, shared their insights of the corporate world and engaged in a riveting question and answer session with the young graduates who are now equipped to take on the world!
Sharmi, an alum of of LBS and Talerang, shared her Talerang experience with us. She embarked on her journey with Talerang 9 years ago and has been a student, an intern, a speaker at our events and a mentor to the students.
Sambuddha Bhattacharya is a Consumer Tech entrepreneur with experience in scaling revenue, building brands and P & L leadership across PE/VC backed marketplaces and brands.
The Talerang team had something incredibly fun planned for the graduates- In light of the G 20 summit held in India recently, the future CEOS were asked to propose a challenge faced by corporates/communities and suggest a solution for the same. The most compelling idea was going to be awarded with a special mention at the end of the discussion. Relevant and pressing challenges, with innovative yet practical solutions for the problems were discussed by the graduates. It was extremely heartwarming to see Talerang’s young leaders share their vision for a better India and world. Two participants were awarded with the mention of ‘most active’ participants.
Shveta, Founder of Talerang, was of the opinion that it is important to help the Government by understanding the grassroot level problems in order to create more impact in the education and employability space. She is interacting with State government colleges in order to understand how Talerang’s curriculum can be made available free of cost to these institutions, either through CSR initiatives, or by raising grant money.
What took everyone by surprise was what came next- an impromptu dance activity! all the attendees of the event were asked to turn on their cameras and dance while sitting in their places to a short medley of preppy songs! It sure was refreshing!
As the event progressed, Gati Kochar was honoured with the’ Chapter of the Year’. At Talerang, it is believed that one’s mission and vision extend beyond his immediate reach. It is about creating a long lasting impact and spreading the knowledge acquired by one. The chapters at Talerang are passionate, driven individuals who serve as a bridge between Talerang and an educational institution.
Next, the future CEO graduates were honoured with mentions for successfully completing the course. After this, the Reality Bytes graduates were honoured.
It was mentioned that for the Future CEOs program, Talerang received roughly 14 thousand applications this year of which 100 people completed the programme and 10-12 were selected for ‘distinction’ class based on their class participation, professionalism, manager feedback and the submissions handed over to Talerang. The managers are made to fill out a survey and rate them as though they belonged to the real corporate world. It was further mentioned that one of the distinction awardees had interned at HBS Publishing India Pvt Ltd and through her hard work and dedication had managed to convert her internship into a full time job! There was a special mention for a Ashoka college student who had interned at Aditya Birla Group.
One graduate was awarded ‘most work ready CEO’ as she had secured full marks for being work ready by her managers. Another graduate who had completed 2 internships successfully was awarded ‘most work ready runner up’ by her managers.
As the event drew to an end, we caught glimpses of the career conclave 2023.
To conclude, Talerang’s Graduation 22-23 was a very well thought out and immaculately planned event with utmost attention to detail and a great insight into all the wonderful happenings within the organisation. Hearty congratulations to all of India’s future CEOs!