Work-life balance is the key to happiness!
The biggest challenge faced by the youth today is the ability to balance between personal and professional goals. Not being able to strike the right balance has a direct impact on your health and is one of the leading grounds for stress and its consequences. There might be a case that both personal and professional goals are important and urgent at the same time – how should one prioritise then?
About 51% of the youth does not encourage formal leaves or time offs. In a study conducted by Ernst and Young in 2015, over 30% Indians said that managing work, family and personal responsibilities had become harder in the past five years! It is very important to know the art of counterpoising your personal and professional goals.
A few simple ways to achieve this equilibrium are:
- Decide what you want: Start by listing down all your goals and milestones on a piece of paper, both personal and professional. You can also create an annual plan for yourself to keep things organised. This will ensure that you have all the daily, weekly and monthly goals to be accomplished right in front of you. Interestingly, people with written goals are 50% more likely to achieve them than people without goals!
- Work smart: Learn how to trust other people and delegate both in your personal and professional life. There can be times when your manager delegates some urgent work to you over the weekend. In such a scenario, it is advisable you take some time out from your personal time at home. Other than this, there are several insignificant but important tasks such as fueling your car or withdrawing money which can be done in between other tasks – all you need to learn is how to plan your week/ month better!
- Renew yourself: Make it a point to take some time off for yourself. Be it an adventurous trip with friends or a nice dinner with family, Plan your leaves in advance and make sure to keep your team informed about your holiday dates. Everyone likes working with someone who knows how to plan his/ her year better!
- Take time out for your passions: Take up a hobby such as a sport or reading. Being fit helps you to enjoy life. It increases mental sharpness and physical endurance.
- Personal relationships: Make sure you are not neglecting the people close to you. Maintaining healthy relationships on a personal level is no less important than that in a professional environment.
By following these simple steps, one can achieve a successful professional as well as a fulfilling personal life!
Link to the published article: http://bit.ly/2jnrrWd