Work-life balance is the key to happiness!
The biggest challenge faced by the youth today is the ability to balance between personal and professional goals. Not being able to strike the right balance has a direct impact on your health and is one of the leading grounds for stress and its consequences. There might be a case that both personal and professional goals are important and urgent at the same time – how should one prioritise then?
About 51% of the youth does not encourage formal leaves or time offs. In a study conducted by Ernst and Young in 2015, over 30% Indians said that managing work, family and personal responsibilities had become harder in the past five years! It is very important to know the art of counterpoising your personal and professional goals.
A few simple ways to achieve this equilibrium are:
- Decide what you want: Start by listing down all your goals and milestones on a piece of paper, both personal and professional. You can also create an annual plan for yourself to keep things organised. This will ensure that you have all the daily, weekly and monthly goals to be accomplished right in front of you. Interestingly, people with written goals are 50% more likely to achieve them than people without goals!
- Work smart: Learn how to trust other people and delegate both in your personal and professional life. There can be times when your manager delegates some urgent work to you over the weekend. In such a scenario, it is advisable you take some time out from your personal time at home. Other than this, there are several insignificant but important tasks such as fueling your car or withdrawing money which can be done in between other tasks – all you need to learn is how to plan your week/ month better!
- Renew yourself: Make it a point to take some time off for yourself. Be it an adventurous trip with friends or a nice dinner with family, Plan your leaves in advance and make sure to keep your team informed about your holiday dates. Everyone likes working with someone who knows how to plan his/ her year better!
- Take time out for your passions: Take up a hobby such as a sport or reading. Being fit helps you to enjoy life. It increases mental sharpness and physical endurance.
- Personal relationships: Make sure you are not neglecting the people close to you. Maintaining healthy relationships on a personal level is no less important than that in a professional environment.
By following these simple steps, one can achieve a successful professional as well as a fulfilling personal life!
Link to the published article: http://bit.ly/2jnrrWd
Talerang’s copyrighted curriculum was researched as a project Harvard Business School. Our training methodology integrates Harvard cases, proprietary assessments, interaction with guest speakers, industry exposure and personal mentoring for holistic professional development. Our programs offer exclusive opportunities to work with over 250 of the best companies in India including the Aditya Birla Group, Foxymoron, Teach For India, Mahindra Group, Avaana Capital, Z3 Capital and more. Our team is from McKinsey, Citigroup, KPMG, ZS Associates and our Panels include CEOs of top companies. Students get dedicated mentors and interact with industry stalwarts from our Young Leaders Panel and Senior Panel. Our Future CEOs alumni also get to access a network that is a close knit community of close to 1000 Future CEOs who are advised by young industry leaders and a panel of industry stalwarts.
Modeled on global best-practices
Talerang’s programs are different from regular trainings and courses due to the international approach to learning and the international curriculum. During the research at Harvard Business School, we interacted with Year UP, a U.S. based organization solving a similar problem. We further refined our learnings by visiting 100+ colleges and partnering with 250+ corporates who defined our training curriculum.
Our research shows that 6 key competencies - self-awareness, life vision, communication, working smart, first impressions and bridge to career help young talent succeed. Additionally, jobs of the future require a combination of 14 skills including research, analytics, digital marketing, finance, strategy, coding, communication and design. We ensure that you are learning in a planned and structured manner with a focus on being relevant for jobs of the future.
Proven track record
Talerang gets applications from close to 100+ premier colleges across India and has several rounds of selection. Our highly selective cohorts are academically bright, have demonstrated leadership and volunteered to impact their communities. Our previous students are articulate all-rounders including national level swimmers, debaters, festival organizers, entrepreneurs and performers. Over 4 years, we have placed 99% of our students and our proud that over 90% of them have been consistently rated as work-ready, with over 50% been given call-back offers for full-time jobs! The jobs and internships we provide are premium with a focus on quality.
As special projects, we have been invited by research teams from Stanford and Harvard to conduct trainings on their behalf and also been the organization of choice for pre-placement training for IIT Bombay, IIT Roorkee and IIT Madras in an official capacity. From Tata Trusts to Trilegal, various corporates have also invited us to on-board their entry-level hires.